“OUCH” – PAIN
Pain is real! If not dealt with, it can become baggage that weighs us down and makes us lose hope.
Pain comes from people hurting us or taking advantage of us, and from hopes and dreams being shattered. It is the result of mistakes made, relationships broken, and life situations that have been tough. Many have stopped following Christ because the pain was too great. Others crawl along without relief or hope. But Christ wants us to find Him in our pain. With His help, we’re not prisoners of our past… we’re pioneers of our future.
“A succesful man is one who can lay a foundation with the bricks others throw at him.”
HOW TO DEAL WITH PAIN!
Read Philippians 3: 10-16; 4: 1-5.
1) Realise that all pain is an opportunity for closeness to God (3:10). “For Paul, drawing closer to God bacame more important to him than anything else.”
2) Trust in God’s ressurection power to help you overcome (3:10). “The same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, is able to bring you through victoriously.”
3) Forget what is behind (3:13). “Accept and face your pain with courage, forgive anyone who hurt you.” Christ did it! You can.
4) Press on towards what lies ahead (3:14). “God has so much He wants to do in and through you. Don’t give up. Keep your eyes on Jesus, and be drawn by those dreams of the future that He gives you.”
5) Don’t deal with life on your own (3:17). I quote the words of Paul. “Pattern your lives after mine!”
“YOU CANNOT DIRECT THE WIND, BUT WE CAN ADJUST THE SAILS.”
- Self Inflation (Galations 6: 1-6)
- Happy Christmas!